|Do these jeans make me look fat?|
Post election, what soon became apparent is that Governor Palin had very little interest in governin', and way more interest in parlaying her failed bid for the Vice Presidency into a career in entertainment. The snow had barely melted in Alaska before Sarah resigned as Governor less than six months after President Obama was inaugurated in January 2009. Citing "family needs" and "ethics probes", it seemed those needs included each Palin having their individual shot at that elusive '15 fifteen minutes of fame'. In the interest of time, here's an incomplete list of some of the Palin Family's Greatest Hits:
- To the surprise of
no oneeveryone, Sarah signs a multi-year deal to become a contributor to non-partisan Fox News;
- Daughter, Bristol, becomes a contestant on ABC's 'Dancing With The Stars', the reality show with the loosest interpretation of the word 'stars' in a generation;
- TLC takes us inside the mind of the former Governor and the interior of the 49th state with 'Sarah Palin's Alaska';
- Bristol would also star in Lifetime's 'Bristol Palin: Life's a Tripp' (indeed) with her adorable son, Tripp (get it?). The show featured her two younger sisters who could not be blamed if they resented Bristol for her sudden and singular leap into celebritydom. Poor Willow and Piper are basically forced to play Rebbie and LaToya to Bristol's Janet.
- Bristol Baby Daddy, Levi Johnston, would even parlay the failed election into a string of infamous brushes with pseduo celebrity, including television appearances, numerous magazine covers, a Playgirl spread, a date with Kathy Griffin and most notably, a half-hearted attempt to follow in his once future mother-in-law's footsteps by becoming Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska.
- Not to be outdone, Todd Palin, the former 'First Dude' (his idea, not mine), got into the action with yet another reality show named, 'Stars Earn Stripes'. (For the love of God, can anyone identify what a 'star' is anymore?) Here, Todd teamed up with Nick Lachey to help Jessica Simpson lose the baby weight. Wait, that doesn't sound right. Let Me Google That For You.
- If you were concerned, extended family were not left out in the cold. Recently, Sarah's father and brother co-authored a book about the shy, reclusive, virtually unknown Palin family titled Made in Alaska. (I'm sensing a theme here.)
- Noted lover of the written word, Governor Palin penned two bestsellers, Going Rogue: An American Life and later, America by Heart. Finally, just yesterday, in these last weeks of the hotly contested 2012 presidential election where Palin is just four years removed from seeking the office of Vice President herself, Sarah announced that she is authoring a book on f
Which may answer a lot of questions about her appearance when caught by paparazzi while walking about LA's Studio City this past Sunday. Looking
Sarah Palin for President 2016!